Sorry Folks it's been a little crazy running this Dutton household all by myself. It's been 2 weeks and I'm finally getting a chance to post some pictures and tell about my trip to Georgia. Getting to see my sweetheart after 10 weeks was uhmmm...well it was HEAVEN! It was so nice to hug and kiss him ;)
About my trip: We got off to a rocky start when we finished standing in line at the airline check in counter and found out that there was a mistake with the flight dates and that the flight was overbooked and the next flight wasn't until the next night! Thank goodness I'd planned for us to have an entire day in Georgia before family day. Instead of spending it in Georgia we spent it in Las Vegas (thanks again to my sister in law Veronica for being so wonderful ) I was able to take a red eye flight to Atlanta, jump into a rental car and drive to Columbus and meet Stan off base.
All said and done I only missed out on 2 hours of my time with Stan.
About my trip: We got off to a rocky start when we finished standing in line at the airline check in counter and found out that there was a mistake with the flight dates and that the flight was overbooked and the next flight wasn't until the next night! Thank goodness I'd planned for us to have an entire day in Georgia before family day. Instead of spending it in Georgia we spent it in Las Vegas (thanks again to my sister in law Veronica for being so wonderful ) I was able to take a red eye flight to Atlanta, jump into a rental car and drive to Columbus and meet Stan off base.
All said and done I only missed out on 2 hours of my time with Stan.
Yay! We're finally in Georgia!!!
I made it! I'm in the arms of my Honey again! (BTW isn't he Handsome?)
The Famous BIG red Chair @ Country's BBQ.
Stan's parents were a dream to travel with. They were so positive and upbeat.
I really enjoyed all the time I was able to spend with them. When we missed our flight I couldn't ask for more wonderful or understanding people by my side. I'm so blessed to have such wonderful people as a Mother and Father in-law.
Is this what Goldilocks felt like?
Graduation Day! Me and my Knight in shinning ACU's!

Can you spot Stan?
I really enjoyed Graduation I'm so glad we didn't miss it. The weather was perfect. It was a really great experience.
I'm the wife and not the soldier. lol
I really enjoyed seeing the Georgia countryside. I'm hoping one day to get to go back and really have a chance to enjoy the sites. I don't know if the few hours I spent with my sweetheart will be enough to get us through until November 24th when he graduates from AIT, but it will have to do. As I'm posting this we're down to 6 weeks. It's crazy how we waited for Basic graduation for what seemed like forever and it's now come and gone. Hopefully that's how this next 6 weeks will go. On a final note I want to say these last few months have given me a whole new respect for all the service men and their families. I was always taught to respect and be thankful for the men who offer their time and lives for the freedom of this country. But I'm now realizing that it's more than just the men who sacrifice. The wives, children and families give up just as much as the soldier. I now have a special place in my heart for the families of soldiers who serve our country.
Even though I haven't been to basic training like Stan, I feel like I've also learned a few things about being Army Strong. Hooah!



3 comments:
I love you!! I would've kicked the airlines butt! I'm so glad you only missed two hours. I was thinking you missed a whole day!! You look too adorable in all of the pics!! You're my favorite.
You are such a strong person! I'm glad that you finally got to be with your sweetie! I hope the next 6 weeks fly by for you!
Yay that you were finally able to see the mr. Boo that it will be a while before it happens again. I am so glad you have blogged about this and opened my eyes even more to the sacrifice the service men AND their families make. We owe them so much.
P.S. You look gorgeous in these pics missy!
Post a Comment