Saturday, September 11, 2010
Mixed Emotions
On one hand I'm so excited for Stan. He's well on his way to Basic Training Graduation. On the other hand it's bitter sweet, because while he's passing and moving on some of the other guys in there will not. Since Stan's been gone, I've been getting to know and falling in love with my Army FB family. We've been sharing info., laughing, crying and lifting each other up while our men have been away. Today I just learned of a few of my dear "Army Family" members that have guys that will not graduate from Basic for some reason or another. I was in no way prepared for the feelings that would over come me from this news. Who knew that in such a short time I could become so emotionally attached? My heart goes out to the men who will not graduate, and to their families. I'm also sad for the lost opportunity to meet some of my friends who have helped me through so much these last few weeks. You are all in my prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
:( They are in my prayers too. I'm so thankful for them and your special bond. I love you. xoxo
We too are so excited on one hand for graduation and sad for those you will not be joining us. Remember, you will/can always keep your FB Army family with you after graduation just as you have done for these past weeks. We will always be there to support each other.
Post a Comment