Stan asked me to drive his truck at least once a week. I've been a little intimidated. Not because I'm afraid to drive it, more because I'm worried I'll do something horrible to it. I guess there's no safer way to tell your husband you wrecked his truck, than by letter while he's at boot camp. Anyway, I figured driving the back roads to the lake was a pretty safe bet. The kids loved riding taking the truck. The Lake was PERFECT. The Sand and the sun were amazing. We got there at about 6:30 and stayed until sunset. The older boy with Grade is a cousin. The boys enjoyed having him along. The girls and I just hung out. We found tiny little sea shells and Indian marbles. (perfectly round balls of lava rock formed by the sand and water) We WILL be coming back soon.
Look at that face! She was in deep concentration when I called her name.
And this is the face she gave me when she looked up.
In fact I helped her go behind the truck and even though I thought I had her pointed in the right direction ( how you can really tell with a girl is beyond me) she sprayed me all over my leg, foot and flip flop. Eeeeehwww! Luckily I had a gallon jug of water in the truck and was able to rinse off a bit before finishing the drive home.
P.S. I've recieved 2 letters from Stan this week. He's doing well. Despite no sleep, 5 min. to eat each meal and a battle buddy that's super lazy. They choose 4 guys from each unit to compete in various physical competitions and he was chosen as one. He has 53 guys in his unit. ( did I expect any less?) He's in awesome shape for being almost 30. I guess he has the best PT scores in his whole unit. He'd kill me if he knew I was bragging to you all about this. But to say I'm proud of him is an understatement. I can't wait to get his next letter. The mailman is going to think I'm stalking him. Getting a letter is better than Christmas. People keep asking me when he'll be able to call and honestly I don't care if he can or not. I feel like he says way more of what he's feeling in a letter than on the phone. I love how I can go back and re-read these. I'm going to keep them forever. The kids enjoyed writing Stan back, once we finally had his address.
Thanks again for every one's thoughts and prayers.


3 comments:
You are amazing! I don't know how you are doing it with 4 kids and maintaining such a great attitude, but I totally look up to you! I'll keep you in my prayers and hope the next little while goes by fast.
P.S. I love your family pictures!
Those pictures and the sunset are awesome. You are such a great mom. And I am with you about the letters. Hand written letters are the best. I actually wish more people wrote that way still. I would treasure them too!
Did I mention add photographer to your list of talents?! Holy cow!! And model. I am glad you are loving the letters. They will be such a keepsake! I love you!!
Post a Comment