Thursday, July 22, 2010

No Phone Zone


The last time I heard from Stan was when he sent me a text on Wednesday afternoon telling me that his flight made to Georgia safely, he was waiting for the bus to Fort Benning and that he loved us. He also said he'd call me as soon as he could. From what I've heard that could be weeks. Today the reality that I won't know how he's doing or that I won't be able to call him to tell him some silly (or horrible) thing the kids have done is sinking in. He's been away from us more than usual this year. Either on business, at scout camp or to the base for Guard Weekend. Him being away a few times a month prepared us to not be in to much shock for the next 17 weeks. Still on any of the times he was gone before we could at least call each other once or twice a day. Hopefully he can get a letter to someone at his church services on Sunday and they can get it out to me. I'm dying to hear how processing went. I plan on having the kids write to him as soon as we get an address. Oohhh boy.....17 weeks is feeling like forever right now.

The day Stan left we took the kids to St. George and hung out for a few hours before his flight. We went to a frozen yogurt place called Krave. They have about 10 flavors of yogurt that you can mix and match and about 30 toppings to choose from. Its was delicious.

There's a dry erase wall that they let you write or draw on

so we wrote a message for Stan.

Sophie and her Daddy.

Two peas in a pod

Me and my honey:)




Stan and Sophie are swapping flavors.



Grandma and Grandpa came to see Daddy off too!


One last family picture...along with Jose in the background:P

When I'm taking pictures I watch for things like that!

I'm really wishing for that photo shop program about now.


There he goes!

We're proud of you Stan "Daddy"! We'll see you in a few months,

xoxo

Love, Your Family











2 comments:

Chelsi Lasater said...

Send me the file and I will photoshop that guy right out!!! I love you!

Megan said...

I am sending hugs your way right now. I don't know how you do it. But you are amazing and although it won't be easy, I am sure you will be blessed for it. I wish I was closer so I could come and hang out or take the kids for the day...

Blog Archive