Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Fireworks for my birthday!

Hurricane celebrated Independence Day on Monday the 5th this year. I kinda felt like the whole day was a party just for me. I remembered to bring my camera and I was very pleased with some of the shots I got. (if I do say so myself) This Holiday hands down is my very favorite. Hurricane added a few new traditions to the day this year, a patriotic program and a flag retirement ceremony. I really hope we can keep them going.


This is a tradition I wouldn't mind keeping A 4th of July "birthday" Cheeseburger.
It was amazing!



Our wet kids with their Dad, who told them they could get wet on the bounce slide.
(after I said, no and he didn't know )

Dad always says, "YES"! lol


Toddie taking care of his lil' Sis


Sophie making darn sure she doesn't miss



My handsome Grayd


The infamous 4th of July foot races. Go Toddy go.
In his defence they had some very large 6 year olds run that race.


Layla and her Mamma. She's ready for a nap.


Oh, Toddie...why am I not surprised;)



Grandma Sheila and I are trying to convince Sophie to run a race.
( it didn't work)

Daddy at the starting line with Layla.

Sophie enjoying the shade at the ball game.


Such a little sweetheart.


Layla's determined to not let one bit of the free watermelon go to waste!




Stan Surprised me with a Birthday cake.

Layla though the cake being on fire was exciting.


It was a perfect day! BTW the cute pillow case dresses the girls are wearing are thanks to my mom. She helped me whip them up for family pictures. Thanks mom!














5 comments:

HeatherStout said...

Way cute pictures, and happy (late) birthday! Good luck with Stan being gone. I'm sure you're going to do great:)

Megan said...

Umm when did Layla get all big? Crazy! She is adorable...along with the rest of your family. Sounds like a great day to me. Happy late Birthday!

Chelsi Lasater said...

ALL of those shots are uh-mazing! Add photog to your talent list. You guys are all so cute you could be in a magazine! xoxo

Jenny said...

Cute little dresses, and your skirt is way cute too! How fun to have a big celebration for your birthday!

horsesaytheresay said...

Oh my goodness Shani, these pictures are so wonderful to look at and share, so many treasured memories ;o)

Blog Archive