Early yesterday morning I woke to find Sophie sleeping on Stan’s side of the bed. As her eyes started to flutter open I tickled her cheeks and gave her a little cuddle. When she woke up enough to talk this was what she said:
Sophie: Mama, we have a great family.
Me: Ohhh…we sure do honey.
Sophie: Except…where’s Daddy in our family?
Poor Sophie. I’d have to say out of all the kids she’s taking it the hardest. She’s done better this week than last. I told her a letter was coming for her from Daddy in the mail. She’s reminded me to check the box everyday. One night when she wanted her Daddy more than usual, the only way I could calm her down was to promise her she could put lipstick kisses and perfume all over the letter we write back to him.
What a pair:)


2 comments:
Cute pictures, I love the colors you guys chose to wear, perfect. My prayers are with Stan and your family with his absence.
Oh Soph!! I'll throw up an extra prayer just for her.
Post a Comment