Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Bathroom rescue & Billy Bob Baby






Today was a pretty productive day. The boys had pre-school and Todd had a playdate so I was able to try and get a few things done. I cleaned my bathroom, Ok I confess it's mostly because our window in the bathroom is broken and the Milgard guy is coming over to fix it.lol Not that I don't usually scrub my toilet, I just rarely get a chance to give it a top to bottom scrub down. Let's face it I have 2 other bathrooms in my house and the ones that guests could possibly use take presidence.
Lately I've been trying this new thing where I do a quick scrub down whenever my kids are in the tub. I figure I've got to be in there anyway I might as well be getting something done besides getting water splashed all over my pants. This has worked quite well for me in keeping up the kids bathroom. So tonight the kidlets got a special treat and played with their toy submarine in the Daddy Tub(that's what my boys call it) while I scrubed the sinks. It felt so good to stand back and see that little disaster of a room looking good. I wanted to take a picture of it. In fact I will. I'm going to add a picture of my clean bathroom as proof, mostly for myself that it did look good at one time. And then when in 24 hours it looks like a bomb hit I can come back to my blog and remember how beautiful it was.

On a different note: So far Sophie has taken teething the hardest out of any of my kids. Each time this poor baby has a tooth come in her nose runs like a water fall and I change at least 10 very scary diapers a day. She's also very needy and moody. (Once a month I can relate to that) Well the two teeth that were giving her grief have now finally come in and we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. And fortunatly her teeth are much cuter than the ones she's sporting in the picture. We've been cleaning and she found them in a drawer. She looked so funny I had to grab my camera and ignore thoughts of germs running through my mind. How dirty could it be? The last time it was in a mouth was last year and germs don't last that long...do they?

6 comments:

horsesaytheresay said...

Oh dear!! What Halloween does to even the sweetest angel...

Chelsi Lasater said...

hahaha!! love the sophie pics. Your bathroom looks great...and I only clean my guest bathroom regularly too. call me when you get a chance!

Natasha said...

Hi Shani! I don't know if you remember me I went to high school with you. I just found your blog through Ashley Lund's and it was nice to see pictures of your beautiful home and beautiful family. Hope you don't mind me reading.

Hirschisquirts said...

Sophie is too cute! Aren't bathrooms fun, especially with young misfiring boys (you know what I mean!) luv ya!

C and C Young said...

Hey girl--found you through Katie. Your kids are way cute. Check us out at orangecountygrl.blogspot.com. I'm excited to see what you have been up to. We need to have a choral edition reunion or something!

Samantha said...

Hi Shani! This is Samantha Lowe -- I used to be in Choral Edition with you! I found your blog from Katie's blog! Your family is adorable!!

Blog Archive