
Since August I've been reading at least one book a month. Septembers book was Confessions of a shopaholic. I didn't like it very much, there was way to much profanity. And I had a hard time liking the main character.
I had to be put on a waiting list for 2 months to read my book for October. I have to agree with one of the reviews on the back of the book. It should come with a warning label; (WARNING: This book can cause sudden stay up all night syndrome.)
I have to admit my whole life I've been the type to not try something just because everyone else is. I sort of stayed away from the Twilight series figuring I'd get around to it one day. I opted to try the host instead just to try and see what this Stephenie Meyer was all about. Well, she's caught me hook, line and sinker! It's all I can do to not run right out and buy every book she's ever written. My niece kori has the Twilight books and I thinks she's going to be hearing from me shortly.
Even if you think you hate science fiction give this book a try!


6 comments:
YES!!! You converted!!! Muahahaha! Ps. That profile pic of you is freaking gorgeous!
I am just getting started on The Host - I am only about 4 chapters in, and am not hooked yet. But I absolutely LOVED the Twilight series, so I am sure I will love this book, too. I'll let you know what I think!
So... I'm totally not a reader. I honestly don't think I've even read an entire book since high school, but I jumped on the band wagon and did what everyone else was doing, read the Twilight series. They are so addicting, they should all have the same warning label you mentioned! I'm about halfway done with the 4th book. You MUST read them!
I loved the Host!! It was such a good book. How are you guys doing? I hope you have a wonderful Halloween!
I read the Twilight series too. I saw The Host last week in Barnes and Noble and was wondering about it! Now I'll have to give it a try!
I started to read "Confessions of a Shopoholic" and also did not like it and never finished. I am going to read the Host next and am so excited. And I also love love love the IPod with Halloween clips on it. So fun. Oh and thanks for your super sweet comment. :)
Post a Comment