The eggs hatched about a day and a half appart. I've been trying like crazy to get a good shot of them. By the way all of the birds have been given names. Dotty is the mom, and her two babies are Hop scotch and Butterball. (the boys picked these names themselves) I hope everyone can see the babies ok in the pictures I'm posting. The screen is making it hard to get a good picture. I can't take it out because it pushes out and would destroy the nest. Maybe next spring I'll remove the screen in case she comes back. That is if we havn't scared her to death by now. The other picture is of cinderella looking at the nest and having a starring contest with Dotty.
My little speedy hasn't felt well today. He's just layed around and slept all day long. If anyone knows him personally this is a little scary. He hasn't run a high temprature complained of hurting really bad. I'll just keep a really good eye on him.
The picture I just put in the Dutton Days header is of Cinderella eating her very first ice cream cone. It was so cute because when the ice cream got down past the top she started dipping her fingers in the cone and licking them off.
Along with the pic of the hop scotch and butter ball I'm adding a cute picture of Cinderella and Speedy asleep on the floor. I was playing this awesome sirius station that plays synphony pops.....Hey no laughing it is awesome because they play a ton of movie scores. So I get a kick out of trying to remember what movies I heard the songs from. So..To get back to them falling asleep on the floor. I think it was the music. I mean how often do two kids just stop right where they are on the floor and fall asleep. I got my whole kitchen cleaned!! I'm going to have to listen to that station more often.


4 comments:
I definitely need that station on in my house! Our whole family was sick last week, I think there's something going around. We were all throwing up though, so maybe it's not the same. Poor kid.
Cutest. Pictures. Ever.
My kids would definitely say you are lucky to have your very own birds! How fun!
That is so fantastic! I would love to have such a neat nature experience right from my own window!
Love that ice cream cone picture.
Post a Comment