Sunday, November 1, 2009
I'm taking the challenge!
I'm usually a pretty positive person. But lately I've been finding myself feeling a little depressed. It's probably a conglomeration of money, my kids many messes and feeling a little bit like I'm under house arrest all the time. ( hey it's hard to drag 4 kids around town ) Or it could be horrormones, no thats not a miss print or mistake. That's what we call them at my house. A bad case of unstable horomones is worse than any horror flick could ever be. I don't know about the rest of you, but when each of my babies has turned about 3 months old. I turn into a roller coaster of emotions. Maybe it's the gobs of hair that start to fall out. Each time I think to myself,"IF THIS KEEPS UP I'M GOING TO GO BALD!" Luckily before I had children I started out with more hair than any one person could ever need.
Anyway...I'm giving a lesson in Relief Society on Gratitude. Right away when I looked at the word the first thing I noticed is that the largest part of the word is attitude.(minus one t) Being happy in life definitely has a lot to do with how a person looks at things. I started doing searches on the net like: Happiest place on earth and being grateful. I also went to and looked up a bunch of inspiring talks. I have to admit I was humbled and renewed with a sense of urgency to clean up my act. After all if mom ain't happy, no one is. I also came across the Gratitude Challenge. Today is the first day of November, I can't thing of a better day to start this. The challenge is 21 days so I'll be done just before Thanksgiving. I'll be posting my progress. BTW attitude really is the key. Once I've started thinking of all the things I have to be grateful for I've been feeling much better.
Gratefulness is the key to a happy life that we hold in our hands, because if we are not grateful, then no matter how much we have we will not be happy — because we will always want to have something else or something more.
-Brother David Steindl-Rast
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Oh man - I can totally relate. This was a such a good post to read and I think I might be looking into this challenge. Thanks Shani!
I can totally relate too babe! I love you so much. Thanks for your e-mail today...I needed it!! Hang in there and if you ever wanna talk, call me!
You're such an inspiration Shani!
This is such a great post. It is a nice reminder. I have my crazy hormones times and have just gotten over one and it is nice to find a message like this that helps me pull out of it.
Post a Comment