The Sunday night of Labor day weekend are poor little Layla started running a fever. At first I thought maybe she got a touch of heat stroke from being out at Peach days on Saturday. But when her fever got worse I got worried and called the
pediatrician. They told me to bring her in right away. After a bunch of tests they confirmed that her urine tested positive for bacteria. The poor little girl got 2 great big shots in her legs. There wasn't anything else they could do for us until the blood tests came through so they just sent us home to wait. The next morning They called me and told me to rush her to the hospital ASAP. Of course this would have to happen when Stan is working up north. Thank goodness for all our friends and family who stepped right in and helped take care of the rest of my kids. I packed our stuff and ran right over, not really sure of what to expect. We ended up staying in the hospital for 2 nights. They hooked her up to an I.V. and administered around the clock antibiotics. On Saturday we got lucky and they decided she was well enough to put a pick line in and let me do home
meds. It was so nice to come home.
On Saturday the 19
th I took her in for a final blood test and then Sunday they called me and said it looked great so we could come in and get her pick line out!
YAY!She's been such a trooper through all of this. Thanks so much for
every ones help and prayers.
We're not quite out of the woods yet. Now we're just waiting for some results to come back from some tests they did on her kidneys. I'll keep you all updated. Here are some cute pictures of Layla getting her
Meds.
Such a serious face!

There's the happy girl I know!

OUCH!

The thing next to her is the medicine pump. And the little ball is called a "space ball". It sends a continuous flow of fluid through the I.V. to keep it from clotting.
6 comments:
Oh my goodness! How awful! It's SO hard as a parent to watch your child be sick! I'm so glad she's doing better now!
Oh your poor little baby girl. :( Emma was in the hospital for a couple of days when she was 16 months and it was so rough. I can't imagine how hard it was for you with three other kidlets though. I'm glad she is doing better and I hope the rest of her testing turns out ok.
Oh my goodness, that's so scary and tramatic for you and that sweet baby girl I'm sure! I'm glad she's doing better. So wonderful to have awesome people to help with your kids too. What a blessing!
Ah. That is scary for the both of you. I am glad she was able to come home early with the medicine. They let us do the same when Anna was born and it was so much better for everyone to be able to treat her at home. I am glad you were able to get help when you needed it too. Phew! I hope she continues to get better.
I'm so sorry. I'm glad she's doing better and that she continues to feel even better.
That is so awful! But I'm glad she is doing better. What a scary thing!
Post a Comment