Friday, February 13, 2009

Oh, nursery how do I love thee?


Let me count the ways! One....There will be no more chasing a toddler down church halls! Two....I can actually listen to the lessons! Three.... No more hiding out in the mother's lounge during crying fits.
The list could go on, but you get the picture. Sophie is now 18 months Sunday was her first time going to both hours of nursery without mom or dad. And I'm happy to announce she did great! She probably would have gone months ago, but ready or not I personally have a thing against dropping my kid off before the appointed age. A few weeks ago I started bringing her in to play with the other kids or take advantage of the oh so wonderful snack time. You know, just to get her broke in a bit for the much celebrated official drop off. (It helps that our nursery teachers are amazing.) It would have made for a perfect day, except I ended up carrying Todd around with me all day anyway. It's actually a really cute story. Grayden was assigned a talk in sharing time so I went in there to help him. When he finished I decided to just stay in primary instead of walking into Sunday school late. As I'm sitting there the song leader catches my attention and tells me to look over at Todd because he's doing the whole head bob thing and falling asleep right in his chair. I hurried over and scooped him up before he could fall on the floor. I just figured I'd hold him for a little while and that he'd wake up again before Relief Society. Well he ended up sleeping through the whole second hour too! I had to wake him up so I could go get Sophie. It was like herding a drunk person down the hall way.
Stan left earlier that day to head up to Ogden for a job and it was the end of the world at our house all morning. The boys cried for hours after their Dad left. In Part because they'll miss him and part because Daddy gets to go stay with Nana and Papa without them. By the time we got to primary Todd was physically and emotionally drained. I also figure the 1-4 PM time block didn't help the situation any.

Before I even knew I was having a girl, (I had a hunch) I bought this adorable blue dress for Sophie. I just had to get it because it looked like a little Cinderella dress. For you moms with girls out there you know how rare it is to find a cute dress that's not pink, purple or yellow. The size on it is 18mo. so I've had it saved in her closet just for this first Sunday she'd go to nursery all by her self. When we got home from church I had her and the boys do a little photo shoot together. I wanted to take the pictures outside, but it's been raining and SNOWING (crazy) all week. I still got some cute shots. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Those pictures are so cute!

Jen said...

What a cute dress!

I left you a Pampered Chef invitation on your door. I knocked and rang the bell, but it sounded like you might have had your hands full of children at the time. I always miss calls, etc. when I blow-dry or clean bathrooms with the fan on.

Amanda Borden said...

that dress is sooo cute Shani and so are the pics of the kiddos. Sounds like a funny afternoon at church. i love your blog page too. it is soo cute.

Chelsi Lasater said...

I love it!! I totally thought Cinderella when I saw it!

Blog Archive