One day I came downstairs to find Grayden lounging on the couch with the remote and some very interesting footwear. I asked him what he was doing and he said,"my feet are cold." If you can't tell what's on his feet they're oven mitts. I had to take a picture.
I got lucky one day and snapped this picture when Sophie woke up from her nap. I was reading my e-mail when I looked over and saw her smashing her face on the screen. When she saw that it made me laugh she kept doing it so I was able to get a few good shots.
I just had to put this cute picture of my Toddie to go with a couple of cute things he's said lately. A few weeks ago we were driving past the high school and Todd said, "look mom it's the Hellementary." (Of course I was dying) I called my mom right away.
A few weeks later...I can't even remember where we were, but it smelled really good like baking bread. When we were on our way home I said to the boys,"didn't it smell good there? Maybe we should go home and make some cookies or something." Then Todd said,"yeah and we can give some to our homemade teachers." (What a cutie)
Whenever my kids say or do something funny my first instinct is to call my mother. Naturally I want to share the funny moment with her, but I also think in my mind I'm preserving the memory because I have more than one brain recording the episode. I really do need to get better at physically recording the sweet, sad, funny or even frustrating moments in my children's lives. Most often I have good intentions, but later find I can't remember the whole story or it's completely forgotten to the extremely deeeeeep crevices of my mom brain.
So one of my New Years resolutions is to keep a small book in my diaper bag so as to be with me at all times. I'm going to try and keep a small journal of all the good, the bad and yes even the ugly that goes on this year. Some may make it to the blog and some may not, but at least I'll be able to share these precious memories with my family someday. It goes by so fast, I really can't believe Grayden is starting kindergarten this year. Or that the boys were both old enough to sign up for Soccer. And my little baby girl is pretty much a toddler now. She's starting to say words and even put a few of them together. She gets to go to nursery in 3 weeks! (I have to admit I'm always really excited for that milestone.)
I love it when other people post funny things their kids say or do, so
get Blogging and have a great day!


7 comments:
Your kids are so cute!!! I've been trying to keep a journal just for the funny things my kids say and do. Reagan is only 4, but it's a good thing I've written stuff down cuz when I go back and read it...I can barely remember it even happening. I swear I'm loosing my memory!! Congratulations on baby #4!!!
Those oven mitts are hilarious! What a creative kid :)
I like the book in the diaper bag idea. Although I would forget it was there or lose it before I got much use out of it. That is just me! I love Grayden's "slippers". Not a bad idea for cold little feet.
That is really a good idea to keep a book with you. Aren't kids just hillarious?! Little Todds hair is just so adorable.
What ingenious, resourceful, clever, witty, sharp, wonderful little people you have at your house!!!!I couldn't be prouder!!!Love You, lil' sweet hearts, Your Supercilious Nana!
I laughed so hard when I saw the picture of Grayden with the oven mits on. I love it. He is very inventive. I miss you too. I love you guys.
That picture of Sophie is so funny. Your kids are so cute. Oh and the scones look so yummy! I just might have to try them. How is your pregnacy going so far? Do you know what you are having yet?
Post a Comment