Friday, January 9, 2009

"The Fort" update







A week before Christmas I drove up North and retrieved a slide from my parents house that my dad picked up for me in Salt Lake. ( I Love Classified adds!) Crazy enough after disasembling the slide the whole thing fit in the back of my van for the trip home. While we were gone Stan finished the sand pile in the fort's basement and finished the roof. The day after we got back he ran right out there to try and figure out how to get the slide to work. (This was harder than you'ed think.) But with the help of his brother and VERY SMART wife lol. We got it to work. It's been a few weeks since we've put the slide up. But the weather has been so crummy that it's really only been the last few days that we've been able to use it. In the days since the slide instalation I'd like to also report that a fire pole and baby swing have also been installed. What a project!! The boys asked me the other day if they could sleep in it and I told them only if they wanted to turn into popcicles. When it get's warmer we will definitly be doing some camping out. I'd really like to get a fire pit out there so we can roast hot dogs.
So is anyone else planning on planting a garden this year? If you live in the hurricane area let me know what you've had the most success with and leave me any good tips you can think of. I'm dying to have home grown tomatoes. If that's the only thing that works in my whole garden I'll be happy. It's crazy, but the way time fly's it'll be time to plant any second! Hopefully I won't procrastinate and this garden will be a good experience for the whole family. Luckily this is a project Stan agree's with completly so I won't be weeding out there all by myself.
I don't know about everyone else, but this blogging thing is a huge outlet. I've really enjoyed keeping in touch with old friends and making new ones. I love everyones great comments and I enjoy keeping up with so many people that I would otherwise miss out on. Keep blogging everyone! And good luck with all of this years resolutions!

10 comments:

C and C Young said...

That slide is so awesome!!! I'm planting a garden in our grow boxes and I hope it works out. I'll send you some good growing vibes.

Katie said...

Looks like your kids absolutely LOVE their new slide. That's very cool. Good luck with the garden. I don't know anything about gardening, but last year we planed one tomato plant and totally neglected it, but next thing we knew, we had tons of tomatoes! So hopefully the Hurricane weather cooperates for you and you get your tomatoes.

Amber said...

That is one cool fort! I'm sure the kids absolutely love it. So we planted a garden last summer and had a great success! My favorite vegie was the yellow tomato's- They are so sweet and make awesome tomato sandwiches- so try to find some of those. Oh and a little miracle grow every once in a while really beefs up the garden ;)- that was Chad's little secret- hehe
Amber

LIZ said...

Stan did such a great job, it looks great. The kids are going to have so many fun adventures with it.

Heather K said...

Holy cow that fort is so awesome! It's like a playground. My little girl would be in heaven.
Good luck on the garden. Last year we got flooded when our neighbors behind us put in their yard, so we now get to redo our lawn. I was hoping to have a garden back there, but now I'm going to do boxes, so I can control the soil. I'm also going to put some flowers in one. This is giving me spring fever & it's only January. Uh oh! :)

Phil and Kelly said...

I really love the fort. Thanks for letting us drop in on you and for always being such a wonderful friend.

Natasha said...

That has got to be the coolest fort ever! I wish I had something like that to play with myself. :) You guys did a good job.

Lund Family said...

Looks like fun!! I bet your kids are having a great time. Stan is so talented.

Jenny said...

What a fun slide! Your kids are all so darling and I love your family picture. I can't believe that you have 3 and a 4th on the way! I'm so behind the curve ;)

Kemp Family said...

Oh, I'm soooo jealous! That is awesome. You wouldn't mind if maybe we could come down for vacation and help you break it in a little would you? :)lol

Blog Archive