Thursday, October 2, 2008

Hi Dad and Stupid Hormones!!


Sophie is so darn cute! Her new thing the past few weeks has been to talk on the phone with her daddy. Except he's not on the other end. She jabbers on and on in a language we all wish we could understand, sprinkled here and there with bits of english. The most frequently used phrase being "Hhiii Daadd". Stan joked tonight that one day her frequent phoning might not be so cute. Today felt like a Monday for me. I had the hardest time getting everything together. I was just completly un-modivated to do anything work related. Does anyone ever have those days where you look at the crumbs on the floor and the pile of laundry and say to themselves, "why bother the pile never gets smaller and the crumbs will be there again in 5 minuets anyway". I think my brain just needed a crash day after the weekend. My husbands Grandma Zona Wright passed away last week and we celebrated her wonderful life at her funeral services on Saturday. The family asked me if I could do her casket spray and a wreath arangement. I'm so glad I got the opportunity, not only was I able to express my love for Grandma in a special way, but I was able to expand my floral aranging knowledge. I'd like to send a special thanks to my good friend Anita. I couldn't have done it without her. She's extreamly talented and she taught me so much. Love you girl!
Not only was my weekend insanely crazy from flowers, but last second 2 of my cousin in laws and I were asked to sing at the funeral. (by the way did I mention that my monthly visitor decided to show up on friday!(BAD TIMING) (oh yea, and it was my first one ever since having Sophie, my hormones were CRAZY) So by the time Sunday came around It was all I could do to drag my body out of bed, the kids weren't cooperating at all and Stan had a meeting before church. By the time he got back and he helped me finish getting the kids ready we were already 20 minuets late for sacrament. So we opted to just go to our classes. By the time we finished our last 2 hours of church I was having weird heat flashes and I felt like bawling. The second I walk through our front door I get a memory flash and realize that our kids missed the primary program in sacrament, and to top that off Grayden had a talk in sharing time!!! At this point I'm feeling like a terrible mom and every bad thing since the beggining of oh, I don't know "TIME" feels like it's weighing down on me. I start freaking out about everything and then I realise I'd better ground myself to my room before Stan decides he needs a new wife. So I popped in a couple St. John's wart (Wonderful natural PMS remidy) Go upstairs, pull the covers over my head and scream into my pillow. I can remember just wishing I had some china to smash into a wall. I alternated screaming and bawling for about 10 minuets straight until I fell asleep. When I woke up I felt 100% better and a little like what Dr. Hyde must feel like when he comes to. I'm happy to report that I'm doing much better now. I'm in awe however of the fact that I completly forgot how terrible the monthly monster can be. Does it get worse the older a woman gets or the more kids she has? Or was I just jaded by the blissful almost 2 years I spent avoiding it? Chelsi, I laughed so hard and had to show Stan the Annuale clip you posted on your blog. Sadly it was very reminisent of our Sunday afternoon.
I guess this is one of those cases where we have to experience the bad in life so we can appriciate the good!

5 comments:

LIZ said...

You went two years without a visitor, I'm am so jealous! I wish I could say the same, but sadly no, she comes to visit every month right on time even after having babies.

Chelsi Lasater said...

Awwwww honey!! I'm so sorry!! I hate that time of the month!! When I had my IUD in, my periods really were like the annuale commercial! I was so sick every month! One time I even went to the ER because my cramps were so bad I couldn't quit throwing up! We thought I had appendicitis. Oh, the joys of womanhood. I'm glad you're feeling better!! You are the best mom, and the best friend ever! Love you!

HeatherStout said...

This might sound rude, but I really enjoy reading these kinds of posts. I helps me realize other people have the same crazy days and thoughts that I do, and that moms aren't really as put together as they seem in my head. With that said, I still feel like you have it all together and have sooo many talents. And I think the monthlies get easier after the first initial one back (if I remember right).

ROB AND HOLLY said...

Days like that are the worst! But I have to agree with Heather - it's nice to know that I'm not the only one with crazy emotions every once in a while!
It was so good to talk to you the other day, even if it took Jaxon calling you. We'll see you next month!

Kasey said...

YAAAAAYHHH!!! I WON!! Thanks Shani! I am so excited! Sorry about your horrible day! It sounded pretty bad! Thanks Again!

Blog Archive