Well I knew this day was coming, but this is crazy it feels like I just had her. She's not running around or anything, but she can take about 5 or 6 steps in a row now. Last night she walked to me in the laundry room and then all she wanted to do the rest of the night was practice going back and forth from the couch to me. Today we dressed her up like a princess I even stuck on some cute little daisy earings and painted her toe nails.
Also heres an update for anyone who was following my baby birds. It actually ended kind of sad. A few days ago I got some great pictures of both the birds eating at the same time. They both seemed healthy I figured they'ed both fly away fine. Well, the older baby who hatched a couple of days before the other one ended up being able to fly first. It was so odd because one day the parents were there feeding them and then the next they were just gone. I guess the baby who could fly was able to get food on it's own. The other baby got really dehidrated. And then to make matters worse the stronger baby shoved the sick baby out of the nest and was pecking at it. So my husband opened the window and scared it away. The sick baby crawled back into the nest and was breathing really heavy. By the next morning it had died. My kids have been telling everyone that Butterball was mean to Hopscotch so she died. My kids were sad, but over all they took it pretty good. I used what happened as a spring board for some family discusions. Thank goodness most humans are more compasionate than animals in nature. We have the mentality of leave no one behind instead of survival of the fittest. All things considered I'm still really glad we had the opportunity to watch these eggs hatch and the babies grow right before our eyes. I hope we get some more next year. Happy blogging everyone and just in case happy 4th !! We're going up north for the holiday so the next time I post it will be with pics from our Porter family reunion


8 comments:
Shani! This is Erin Greaves...I hope you don't think I am a weirdo for leaving you a comment, but I had to :) Your family is so darling Your kids are just beautiful! It looks like you guys are doing well. Keep in touch.
How old is she now? Mine is 14 months and just started walking a few months a go.
Hope you have a great trip, be safe and have fun!
Did you get our letter?
She looks just like you! So cute!!!
OMH those pics are so dang cute!!!! Is the crown attached to a headband? So cute!!!
Sad about the birds! :( I'm glad you used it as a lesson though. Such a good momma!
Oh, she is just too cute! And changing every time I see her. She is really cute toddling around! Thanks for having us the other night. It was fun to chat and talk all grown up! The kids really enjoyed themselves too!
Congratulations! That went by fast!
Those first steps are so precious! The circle of life can be sad for those who don't survive. We had a couple of baby birds die too.
Post a Comment