Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A birds nest in the bathroom?!!


The boys came down stairs today all excited about finding a bird in their bathroom. Of course I was really confused and didn't know if they were teasing or what. So I let them take me upstairs to show me their discovery. To my surprise they really and truly found a bird...sort of in our bathroom. The bathroom window flower box that is. It's so cool because the window is right at the boys eye level and because of the tint you can stand 2 inches away from her and she doesn't know you're there. The boys are really excited to see the eggs hatch. They've actually been really good about leaving her alone and not banging on the window. I told them if they scared her to badly she'd fly away and her babies would die. This must have tramatized them enough to leave her alone. I'm really not sure what kind of bird she is for sure, but I'm thinking a type of pigeon or dove.
Today was a good day. I've been reading this book called, "Simplify your life in 30 days". So far I've cleaned out my tupperware cupbord and junk drawer. And I've started 3 D.I. boxes all around my house. This book is great because it talks alot about why we hang onto things that we really don't need. It's funny when we first moved into the house from the trailer I thought we'd never fill our house up. But now all I see is stuff everywhere! Where does it all come from! Is anyone else so sick of junk mail they could puke!?? My kids are also constantly bringing the outside in. I find little rock collections everywhere. Anyway, I'll let everyone know how the bird and her babies do. Thanks for checking in on us. We're so blessed to have such great family and friends!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a little tip I do to stop the credit card junk mail... Just date it and kindly write no thanks and sign it and then put it in the postage paid envelope and after a bit they quit coming in the mail. That is awesome about the bird. What fun for the boys!

LIZ said...

Wow that's a great place for her to pick. I bet the boy's love to watch her.

We had a bird come in our house through the swamp cooler once.

Blog Archive