Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pvt. Dutton is Home!


Some of you may have heard by now that Stan's deployment was shortened by 7 months! That's right people...7 MONTHS! Because his unit's main duty was to help pack things up in Iraq they were all able to come home December 10th.

 As you can imagine Christmas came early for us this year. (the actual Christmas wasn't to shabby either). Since Stan has been home we've mostly just enjoyed being together as a family again. It's was nice to take some time off over the holidays, but now that it's January it's back to the real world again. Stan is back in school again this semester. And It's time for me to get our family going like a little well oiled machine again. I've missed writing on my blog, so posting regularly is one of my new year goals. Now that Stan's home I've been able to steel a few more minuets to my self here and there. I joined Pintrest a couple months ago and can I just say...I'M IN LOVE! I now have a whole list of projects I want to get done.

 My very first project was this yarn ball wreath. It's perfect for after the holidays and the red is in honor of Valentines Day :)

This project was super simple, but pretty time consuming. You need a wreath form (only 3.00 @ consumercrafts.com) Burlap to cover the form, foam balls, yarn and jute and lots and lots of hot glue.
First I cut the burlap into strips and glued and wrapped it around the wreath form. Then I wrapped the balls until the white wasn't showing anymore and then hot glued the end of the strand to the ball. Then I randomly glued balls starting with the larger sizes first. I love the way this wreath looks on the front of my house :) Now I need to re-stain the door! I'd better add that to the project list....

 My Aunt Suzanne and Uncle Brian came down to visit us a couple weeks ago,
 and Suzanne helped me buckle down and get it finished.
Thanks Suzanne xoxo


I also finished this earring organizer. 


This is something I've been wanting to make for a long time (even before Pintrest). I was searching for the perfect frame everywhere, when my friend Inger said I could have this one. I painted and antiqued it and then my hubby helped me staple some metal screen onto it.

It's so nice to have all my earrings right where I can see them. It's what I like to call "organizational art"!

Next up I have a serious make-over planned for my very worn out bar stools.
 I promise to post pics.




1 comment:

Megan said...

Yay for the Mr being home and a great Christmas. That is seriously so awesome. Enjoy your time together. Even if he has school at least you have him by you, right? ;)

Blog Archive