Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine treasure hunt

Since Stan started school it has seemed like he's either at: school, working, doing homework, at scouts, doing homework, at the armory or DOING HOMEWORK! YUCK! I've been missing him so much. I've also been trying to not think about how the little time we have together before his deployment in June is being taken up by well....a whole lot of boring stuff! Today Stan had to leave for class around 6:30 this morning. He kissed me good-bye and left me a Valentine card on my nightstand. After he left I was so excited to read the card that I couldn't go back to sleep. After reading about his un-dying affliction (lol..have you seen the Little Rugrats movie?) for me. I noticed a little note at the bottom of the card that said, "Go put on some socks".
So expecting just a cute pair of socks (that I was seriously excited about, I have a sock fetish) I not only found 1, but 3 pair of adorable Valentine themed socks. With a note attached to them saying, "now go unload the dishwasher". I quickly ran downstairs and tore open the dishwasher to find......

This cute conversation heart letter. Now I know why he sent me that text last night asking me where I kept the glue gun. lol It was super cute. If you know my husband at all this is a huge stretch for him. I know he really had to think about this one. If he has a romance bone in his body, it's his pinkie toe. So you can imagine this completly made my day. My next clue was, "Now go do some laundry." I thought it was kind of ironic that he sent me to all my least favorite spots in the house. lol At least I'll have some fond memories to look back on the next time I'm sorting through dirty under-oos. This is what I found in the washing machine.....


A great big box of yummy Valentine chocolates. You can never go wrong with chocolate!

I love you sweetheart! Thanks for a fun Valentine surprise:)

6 comments:

Heidi said...

That is so cute! I love it when guys do surprises like that!

Abbie said...

Awww, how sweet was that? How fun!

Chelsi Lasater said...

so cuuute!! good work, solider!

Megan said...

Go Stan! What a fun little present. And ending with chocolate is a good way to go out on a high note! ;)

The White's said...

That is so sweet! Matt is the same although I don't even think he has a romance bone in his body. I am sorry that you don't get to see much of your sweetie these days, but I am sure it will all be worth it when it's all over with right.

Jenny said...

how fun! super cute blog background and fonts by the way :)

Blog Archive