
Wow! I can not believe that my last post was in the end of
November. Between Stan coming home and the holidays December was one big blur! It's been so nice to have Stan home. It was the best Thanksgiving and Christmas ever:) I joined a
women's singing group this fall called Grace Notes and my schedule was full of many fun performances. We sang at the Dickens festival both here in St. George and up in Salt Lake. I really enjoyed sharing our beautiful Christmas music with everyone who came to support us. For Christmas my parents Surprised us by being able to come down and spend the holiday weekend with us. My kids came home from our traditional
Dutton Christmas Eve dinner and were very
surprised to find my Mom, Dad and Amber and Drew waiting for them. It was so wonderful to have them in our home and share the fun of watching the little ones open their gifts Christmas morning. We also had an amazing Christmas feast that I could have never pulled off without my Head Chef Daddy and my Mom who makes the best Chefs assistant you ever saw. She's also the best Kitchen cleaner I know!! The rest of the holiday we just relaxed and enjoyed being home together. We even got surprised with a bit of SNOW!
We've been getting ready for the changes ahead of us this next year. Last week Stan sold his Dodge Truck and bought a smaller Natural Gas truck. Stan will be starting classes at Dixie College this Semester and driving to St. George 4 times a week. This change will be a LOT more gentle on our budget than the diesel would have been. I have to admit I will miss that good looking truck. We have so many good memories in it. I hated to see it go. But I won't miss coming up with the payment every month ;)
As for me I've just been trying to stay positive and not think about Stan being deployed this year. I want to make the most of the next few months that Stan has home with us. I've also decided to Participate in a
wellness Challenge. Everyday you have to check of 10 things. One of those things is to keep any sort of daily journal. I guess that means my blogging hiatus is over. If I have any readers left, you're going to be hearing a lot more from me now :)
4 comments:
I am glad to hear that you guys had a wonderful Christmas!
I am glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and Christmas. Good luck with all the changes that will be happening this year. You are a very strong mom and I know you'll handle it all so great!
you guys are too cute! love the stair picture!
Yay for the end of your blogging hiatus ;) Though I don't blame you one bit for soaking up time with your hubby and kids one bit! Sounds like a fabulous Christmas to me!
Post a Comment