Sunday, August 22, 2010

Behind on the Birthdays

This summer we had 4 birthdays in our family. (counting mine) I wanted to post a cute little snip it about each kid on their b-day. But...well...you know how it goes. So this is my special summer birthday post.

Grayden had a most excellent 7th birthday party. He invited a few of his good buddies over to have a late night and watch a movie out in the fort in the back yard. We rolled out pizza dough and made our own pizzas, ate ice cream cake (yum) and had popcorn and movie candy. (I hope they went to bed for their parents later) The movie Grayden picked was, Harry And The Henderson's. I've seen this movie and I figured the boys would be fine (because Harry ends up being nice) Needless to say, they didn't make it through the first 20 min. I guess the one and only scary part of the movie was enough to make 2 of the boys come in and watch Thumbellina with Sophie lol. Not wanting the party to be split up I had Grayden bring everyone inside. I figured they could all go upstairs and put in a a "boy" show. But as it turns out Thumbellina was just as good. (I should have gotten princess plates for the pizza lol) All said and done, everyone had a great time. All the boys were very polite and Grayden had a great 7th Birthday. I can't believe I have a kid this old! He's done a great job stepping up as man of the house around her while his Dad's been gone. The other day when I was having troubles with my van he insisted that he needed to take a look under the hood. lol What would I do with out my Grayden?




My little Layla Jane turned 1 on July 23rd. My sister came down to visit for the weekend and we took all the kids to The Washington pool. On Saturday we also went to the park, we weren't planning on swimming because it was a last minuet thing, but as you can see Layla had other ideas. Happy Birthday sweet baby girl. We're so glad you came to our family!










In August Sophie turned 3! She's such a little sunshine. For her birthday we had our good friends the Beattys come over for a little party. Sophie was surrounded by boys! Thank goodness for sister, huh Sope! Sophie put on her cupcake apron and whipped up...What else? A batch of cupcakes. She got to use the mixer all by her self. (with a mommy figure hovering close at hand) we kept the party simple and small because what Sophie really wanted to do for her b-day was take her cousin BryLee to Jumping Jacks. (We actually did that yesterday. Like i said I'm a little behind) So really Sophie has enjoyed a whole Birthday month. Stan felt bad that he would miss Sophie's birthday so we recorded a Daddy Movie for her that I played for her the day of her b-day, right when she woke up. It made her day. On the movie Daddy says he has a peasant for her. I brought it in for her and she was so excited. She kept asking over and over. "Is it from the Army camp?" I didn't say, "yes" but, I didn't say, "no" either. We love you cute little Sophie. You're getting so big. Happy Birthday!












Well...we're birthday free around here for at least a little while. Stan's Birthday isn't until September. And he'll still be at Basic. I'm glad we get a little break. It's really hard for a person who's trying to stay away from sugar (me) to be good with all these birthday goodies around!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Your kids are so cute! I still can't believe you have 4. Looks like you've had a lot of birthday fun lately!! Where's the details on YOUR birthday though? :) Hope everything is going well.

Megan said...

That is a whole lot of birthdays! I would be pooped too. But stay away from sugar?! That is just blasphemy! lol. I love the story of Grayden's party. Too funny!

Chelsi Lasater said...

you have the cutest kids ever. not only are they beautiful but they have the sweetest, funniest and most unique personalities. you're the best mom ever!

Lindsay Lou said...

You forgot your birthday!! lol anyways just figured id let you know anyways way cute post love you guys to death!! Binz

Blog Archive