Friday, June 12, 2009

Camping on Kolog

So it's that time of year again. When the weather in the valley gets to darn hot, so we escape to the mountains to enjoy the cool air. Stan's parents have some property up on Kolob Mountain that my Children lovingly refer to as Ko-LOG. We pulled our camp trailer up there over memorial weekend, and now that's where its going to stay until the end of the summer. When we feel like going up we just pack a cooler of food and get out of town.

Here's Grayden and his cousin eating lunch on a trailer. They have so much fun running around, building forts and finding horned lizards. I think every kid found at least 2 lizards a piece all weekend long.
Sophie made friends with Dude. He's another cousin of sorts to us. He's such a good natured Ol' boy. I think he knows if he puts up with enough eventually he'll get a treat.
Here's Stan and Todd eating lunch. Starving is definitely one thing we don't have to worry about. Between all the families sharing food and trading goodies we've almost turned camp meals into an art form. I'm hoping to get in a few more good camp outs before the baby comes. The boys are still really wanting to go fishing. Hopefully we can squeeze it in.

3 comments:

Amber said...

what a fun get away! I love having somewhere to go that is familiar and easy to plan. Looks like your New York trip turned out great- that brought back so many funny memories of our adventure in NYC!! I can't believe that baby is so close to being here! How exciting- good luck with everything. I can't wait to see pictures of her!!

Phil and Kelly said...

Oh that sounds like you guys had a blast. I am so greatful for our job out here but I really miss being so close to the family. Last year it was so fun to go up to Kolob! Tell everyone hi from us. We miss you guys.

horsesaytheresay said...

Looks like fun family memories! 8o)

Blog Archive