Friday, May 1, 2009

Only only 6 days to go!!!!


Some of you may know and some may not, but in exactly 6 days I'm flying out of Vegas to New York City! I was a nanny for a family there about 9 years ago and I've been invited back to join in the celebration of Zachary's Bar Mitzvah. I will be gone 5 whole days from my family. In some ways I'm nervous and sad to leave them. But in other ways (ie; the memory of the whole gallon of milk that was spilt on my kitchen floor, leaked into my pantry and on my rugs from two nights ago still haunts me.) I'm really excited to have this little Mother's Day getaway before baby number 4 comes. I was going crazy trying to decide if I would go or not, because of money, the prego thing and traveling by myself.
I've been saving money for months (I've had a save the date for 2 years now lol) so it wasn't that I didn't have it. Things are just so tight around here I was feeling guilty about using it on myself. (you know how moms are) My Niece Ciera is working for them right now, ans she invited me to stay with her. This will save me money like crazy, not to mention I can get a few groceries and save on eating out. Two weeks ago I had a final talk with my hubby about the whole thing and he told me to go ahead and just do it. He was a sweetheart and let me use his American Express points to buy my flight. So that was the point of no return. I've been busy cleaning,doing laundry and making a menu plan for Stan. ( so my kids don't eat cereal for every meal.)

The 3 things I'm most excited to do the most are:
1. Go to the Martha Stewart Show!! Watch the show Thursday May 7th, you might see me.

2. Do a session at the Manhattan L.D.S. Temple!!!

3. And have a blast at the Bar Mitzvah ( Jewish people seriously know how to party!)

I want to try and squeaze in a Broadway show

I'd like to try and get a traditional, Frozen Hot Chocolate at Serendipity,

but we'll see.
I'm going to be taking pictures and blogging every day I'm there so watch for posts from my trip!

7 comments:

Megan said...

That sounds like so much fun. I heart NYC. And awesome that you were able to use sky miles and have someone to stay with - that would seriously help put a dent in the cost. It is nice to have a break by yourself every once and while - so enjoy yourself. I am envious ;)

Amanda Borden said...

How fun!! enjoy every minute of that! I love New York!!

Heather K said...

How exciting! How long are you going to stay? I hope you have a wonderful time & get to do everything you want! :) I'm so jealous. I can't wait to go back!!

Chelsi Lasater said...

I didn't know that! I bet you're so excited to see them again!! Have soooooo much fun and be safe!! I love you!!

LIZ said...

Sounds like fun, hope you have a great trip.

Wubie said...

How fun!! You go Girl...It's ok to take some Mom time...you deserve it. Tell Stan I am open to help with the kids on Monday...sorry I didnt call ya sooner. Have fun and enjoy your vacation.:)

horsesaytheresay said...

I can't wait . . . I can't wait . . . where's the N.Y. PICS!!!

Blog Archive