Thursday, November 20, 2008

How to dust your moose



For those women out there who are as lucky as I am to have Large, Dead animals on their walls this post is for you. To tell you the truth that even though he stinks and constantly has to have spider webs dusted from his antlers, I've grown kind of fond of the big lug. Maybe it's the great big brown eys with the amazingly long eye lashes. Maybe it's because my children affectionatly refer to him as moosy. Or maybe it's because the stupid thing reminds me of my husband, and how happy he was the day he bagged him. Whenever I walk by him in our upper hall I do 2 things. I thank the lord that he's hanging upstairs saftly hidden away from random visitors view and I picture the silly grin on my husbands face the day poor moosy's life ended. Sigghh...Such is the life of a hunters wife. And even though I threatend to sell the thing on Ebay if Stan didn't keep it dusted himself, here I am dusting away greeting moosy first thing, at the begining of each new day.

Moose cleaning tips: If at all possible use a long vaccume hose with the fuzzy attachment to clean all the fur. Then coat a duster with dusting spray and clean off antlers. The dust should stick right to the duster instead of falling all over your floor. Good Luck!!

4 comments:

Lindsay Lou said...

ha ha how funny!!! I can so see your boys going "MOOSY" ha lol!!

Hirschisquirts said...

You're hillarious! I'm so lucky, all I've got is a few antlers here and there and I've managed to keep them tucked away in the boys room and Richard's gun room. He keeps trying to trickle the horns out into the "real" parts of the house, but until he gets something that big, I'm sure I won't have to fight much!

Chelsi Lasater said...

i. love. you. a lot. :D

horsesaytheresay said...

Shani, you make me laugh...I so love you for that! The way you look at life is and has been the best gift you've given this Mum!!!

Blog Archive