Saturday, May 10, 2008

Hurricane Relay



My little Cheif pitched in today at the Hurricane Relay by getting his hair cut. The girls who were cutting hair were donating their time, so the money we spent was donated to cancer research. The boys helped me get my walking in for my team. They pretended the track was a "race track". Last night I donated to the cause by singing the National Anthem. It was my first time ever by myself. At 25 I think its about time. Then I got to walk with my niece Kara during the survivor lap. That was such a neat moment to join her and everyone else who has battled with cancer. I think the relay was a huge success and I hope I can help with it next year. My boys want to pitch a tent and camp over night. There was even a big screen out on the football field showing movies. When I got home today the boys helped me clean out the garage and then I worked on my craft blog ( http://www.simplyshani.blogspot.com/) Now I'm just ready for bed.
As soon as I get some pictures from Maren of me at the Relay I'll post them. The girl with my kids is from my old 9th ward. She helped me out a ton today.

2 comments:

fourangels said...

I think your version of the National Anthem was the best I've ever heard. It was just beautiful! I was so impressed! I've never heard you sing by yourself before and I was definitely glad that I asked/you volunteered! I'm just sad your mom didn't get to hear you! She would have been so proud! You were awesome and thanks for walking the track. It was a memorable weekend and I can't wait to do it again!

A said...

Shani
You prob dont know me but I went to school with Stan and my Parents are in your ward. I thought you did a really GREAT job on the anthem as well! YOu have a pretty voice! YOu and Stans family is very cute!
Amberly Demille Judy

Blog Archive