Saturday, March 29, 2008

A big crash!
















At about 4:30 this morning I woke up to a very loud noise that felt like it shook the house. At first I thought I was dreaming and I just sat there listening to see if I could hear anything else. My husband is still dead asleep next to me along with the kids. As I sat and listened I could hear a whirring noise. So just to be safe I decided to go check it out. When I looked out my front window I could barely believe what I saw. A red truck had driven right off the road, through the middle of our yard and through the block wall between us and our neighbors house. The truck was high centered and the guy who was driving it was spinning the tires like crazy. ( the whirring noise.) So I ran upstairs and scared my husband half to death when I woke him up. When he came downstairs he watched the guy for a bit and then told me to go call the police in case he was drunk. In any case the guy was completly out of it because he spun the tires so much that it started on fire and then there was a huge popping noise when the tire exploded. When the police arrived on the seen, we went out to discover it was actually an older man who was on his way to the gym. I guess he has Parkinsons disease and he aparently blacked out or had a seizure. We don't really know for sure. After they took the poor old guy home I was able to get a few pictures of the accident. Thank goodness the only casualties were the neighbors poor tree and the brand new cement side walk that my husband just finished 2 weeks ago. That guy really was watched over because there were a million other things he could have hit. He narrowly missed our truck, a fire hydrant, a power box, a water spiket and a power pole. The was really the only thing that kept him from crashing into our neighbors living room. That might I add, had a bunch of very deaf teenage girls sleeping in it the whole time. Thank goodness everyone is alright. I'm really hoping the rest of our weekend is a quiet one. We'll as quiet as can be expected with 3 kids.





3 comments:

Sara said...

Shani, that is really scary. I would be frecked out. I missed you last thurday, wish you could have been there.

Chelsi Lasater said...

Holy Cow!!! What an eventful weekend! I'm so glad everyone is ok!! I love you. Tell Stan I'm sorry about his wall!

Tiffani said...

Good pictures and an even better story. You made Dr. Mason feel better by telling him that the wall had a crack in it and you were going to replace it anyway

Blog Archive